The role of the QST is to support the improvement of the quality and outcomes of clinical services by delivering a sustainable and embedded quality assurance framework for all of NHS England's specialised commissioned services. For their upcoming review of kidney units they are asking for help and involvement from kidney patients.
The QST will be reviewing all Renal Centres that do Assessment and Preparation for Renal Replacement Therapy early next year (2020) and they always include a patient/carer representative (PPV Members).
How to apply
If you are interested in taking part in these reviews you can apply by emailing QST directly at ENGLAND.email@example.com and requesting an application form.
Training will be given to ensure that reviewers have the appropriate tools and knowledge to take part effectively in the review visit.
- Training costs will be reimbursed for PPV members.
- Mileage, parking and second class travel may be claimed as expenses.
- The national team (RST) will book rail tickets for PPV partners.
- PPV partners are also offered a standing allowance of £5 per review to cover the cost of paper, printing and other stationery and sundries.
- PPV partners also receive a honoraria of £150 per review visit (full day more than four hours) or £75 (per half day, four hours or less).
- Hotel accommodation can be provided by the RST for early morning reviews on a bed and breakfast basis (dinner, bed and breakfast will be booked where available).
- Reviewers can claim £20 food and soft drink allowance if dinner is not booked. All expenses must be supported by receipts.
Following training reviewers should be able to commit to undertake at least one review visit. Reviews will not be within your own units. Usually evidence documentation of the service being reviewed will be emailed about two weeks before the review visit. It is essential that you review this evidence prior to the visit to prepare any relevant questions. A review visit will usually run for approximately six hours.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact the RST team at the above email or Donna Waters, Senior Quality Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07884 008062.
Concern for dialysis patients who wish to tr…
UK still to reach no-deal healthcare agreements with multiple EU countries, leaving kidney patients in limbo
Blind runner takes on Great North Run for Ki…
Nicola Stevens is running to raise awareness of kidney disease after being diagnosed herself in 2011