Members of Kidney Care UK have been all over the country today spreading awareness of World Kidney Day alongside patients, medical professionals, and volunteers:-
- Our Head of Advocacy Nick has been supporting Guys & St Thomas' Kidney Patient Association.
- Ewan, our West Scotland, Advocacy Officer has been manning a stand at the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital in Glasgow.
- North East England AO, Linda, has been helping run a stand at Sheffield Northern General Hospital which covers patients from as far afield as Chesterfield, Barnsley, Doncaster, and Rotherham areas.
- Kate, our Advocacy Officer who looks after the South West England has been in Gloucester alongside Kidney Research UK and the Gloucestershire Kidney Patient Association.
- Rob Finnigan, is our Advocacy Officer for the North West of England is attending an event along with a transplant surgeon, nephrologists, and most of the living donation team from Salford Royal.
- In Northern Ireland our Advocacy Officer William us running a Kidney Care UK information stand at the main hopsital at Antrim Renal Unit.
- Our Advocacy Officer for London and the South East, is at Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth.
Dialysis patient's concerns around travell...
With the Brexit deadline only a couple of weeks away a number of patients are worried about the potential i...
NICE publish new end of life care guideline
This guideline covers organising and delivering end of life care services, which provide care and support i...