Our Facebook Group has over 7,000 members who are all affected by kidney disease in some way. The group is moderated and private so is a safe place to discuss any issues you may have with people in similar situations.
Facebook group house rules
We hope you find our Kidney Care UK Facebook Group Page a helpful place to share news, stories and personal experiences.
The Facebook group is for patient support and not for medical advice as we are not doctors. Members should always refer to their healthcare professionals for personalised drug and treatment advice.
People post a wide range of posts in the group, however if you see something that breaks the rules below please report the post and one of the admin team will deal with it.
Please remember that it is a support group first and foremost - when challenging another’s opinion (even if you heavily disagree), challenge the point and not the person making it. Personal attacks are not acceptable.
We need users to be aware that we cannot allow posts that:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Advertisements and spam
- Unrelated, repetitive or off-topic posts
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, misleading or unlawful material or information.
- Posts encouraging anything illegal.
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights there to or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- We monitor the Facebook Group to check for offensive or inappropriate postings, but if we ever miss anything, please let us know and we will remove any posts which fall into the above categories.
Do not send messages to other members of
the group that are in breach of these rules – if you receive any messages that
are inappropriate or offensive and that have come from someone on the group
please contact us to report this; they will be removed from the group
Please note if you break any of the rules above you may be removed from the group.
Reporting the post
If you wish to report a post please follow the steps below:
- Contact us with the 'date / time' and 'subject or description of the posting' and include the 'user name'
- If the user continues with inappropriate posts we will ban them from the site.
- Kidney Care UK does not take responsibility for any content posted or input from third parties
Our admin team
Our Facebook group admin team consists of Kidney Care UK staff members:-
Please contact them with any issues you may have with the page. However please note that the page is most likely monitored within office hours, Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm.
Young Adult Facebook Group
There is also a Young Adult Facebook Group.
This closed group is for young adult patients, (18 – 30 years old), who have a renal condition of any kind. It was created because at a workshop a few years ago at a YA event, there was frustration that such an option did not exist.
The aims of the group are to be a support network for young adults with a renal condition, and to also provide information about any events nationwide or internationally that may be of interest. The group has over 190 members, meaning that there is a great range of experiences to call upon.
When requesting to join the group, you will be asked a few questions, mainly to be sure the group is suitable for yourself and to filter out any spam accounts.