Thank you to all our remarkable #KidneyWarriors who raised so much running the 2018 London Marathon.
The London Marathon needs no introductions - it is quite simply the biggest and best marathon around. Kidney Care UK will have a team there once again in 2019 and we would love for you to be part of it.
You can apply for one of our charity places by completing our application form. The application is your chance to tell us why you are the perfect fit for our team; please tell us your motivation for running for Kidney Care UK and all your fundraising plans.
Once you have completed your application, there is nothing more to do at this time. We will be offering the first of our charity places in June, with further places being offered at the end of October 2018.
There is no registration fee for a Kidney Care UK charity place, but we do ask you to pledge to raise a minimum of £2,000 to support kidney patients and their families (those who secure their own ballot place are not asked to reach a minimum pledge). .
As part of our team - whether through a charity place or your own ballot place - we will: -
- Provide direct and personalised support from the moment you sign up
- Send you a welcome pack that includes a Kidney Care UK running top, sweat band and drawstring bag and lots of fundraising support and materials
- Share our online training zone with training guides for all levels, pace calculators, route planners and more.
- Be there to cheer you along and invite you and your family and friends to join us at a post-race celebration.
- Share how your support and the funds you raise support the vital work we do in supporting kidney patients and their families.
Did you enter the ballot?
We only have a small number of charity places, so rely on building our team around those who secure their own place. The more runners who have their own place, the bigger our team and the more awareness and funds we can raise.
The ballot results are announced in October, but if you would like to hear more about joining our team or the work of Kidney Care UK before then, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Get in touch
If you have any questions or would like to volunteer to help us at the event, please email email@example.com or call us on 01420 594 943.