What equipment do I need to take part?
We recommend the following:
- Plain water: The stuff straight from the hose will do.
- Soap: Automotive soap is best. Avoid general washing detergents.
- Wash buckets: Two or three separate buckets will make the cleaning process easier.
- Cleaning mitts/towels: Something to apply soap and to scrub the car off that won't leave streaks.
- Scrubbing brush: Something for tougher dirt and debris.
Ok, I’ve got the equipment but I’m not really sure the best how to hand wash a car… can you help?
For a handy guide on how to hand wash a car, visit https://www.wikihow.com/Wash-a-Car-by-Hand
What is it rains on the day I’ve chosen?
Completely your choice! You could rescheduled or you can whack on a waterproof and carry on in the rain – it may even help when it comes to rinsing!
I don’t have any neighbours nearby – can I still take part?
Of course! You can always just wash your own car and make a donation. Or why not tell your nearby friends and families and ask whether they would like to get involved and drive to your home to take part?
What if none of my neighbours want to take part?
Again, you can still wash your own car and always ask friends or family if they would like to get involved.
Is there a set cost?
We have included a suggested donation on the flyers for a guide.
How do I collect the money from my neighbours?
Your neighbours can either donate to your Just Giving Page or return cash to you. If they return cash to you there are various ways you’re able to pay it in.
How do I pay in the money?
After you have done the hard work supporting us (thank you!) getting your donation to us is not so hard. Simply choose one of the options below:
- If you have raised sponsorship via an online giving platform (such as JustGiving), you do not need to do anything else – this money is transferred to us automatically.
- To pay online, you can transfer your donation direct to our account (Kidney Care UK a/c 0705 0791, s/c 30-93-20). Please include your name as the reference.
- Or visit our donation page to make a donation with your card.
- You can also send any cheques made payable to Kidney Care UK direct to us Kidney Care UK, 3 The Windmills, Turk Street, Alton, GU34 1EF. Please do not send cash through the post.
Should you have any questions or need any support, please email [email protected] or call 01420 541 424
DISCLAIMER: Please note, Kidney Care UK does not accept any responsibility or liability for damage to vehicles during the Big Street Car Wash.