We currently have 1 vacancy:
Head of Fundraising
Job title: Head of Fundraising
Hours of work: Full time/permanent, 37.5 hours per week.
Location: Alton, Hampshire but flexible/hybrid working considered.
Kidney Care UK is the leading kidney patient support charity in the UK. We provide practical, financial, and emotional support for kidney patients and their families, and campaign to improve kidney care services across the UK.
We are recruiting for a Head of Fundraising at a time of exciting growth and opportunity for the charity. Our priority is to reach and support more of the 3 million people living with chronic kidney disease. To do this, we need to increase fundraised income to £4m per year by 2025. You will need to be able to work creatively and proactively to drive forward income generation to enable Kidney Care UK to sustain its critical patient support work, now and into the future.
The successful applicant will report to the Director of Fundraising, Marketing & Communications and will have the following skills and experience:
- At least five years’ senior philanthropic experience of securing £1m+ of gifts per annum
- A track record of successfully managing teams of more than five across all fundraising disciplines
- Leading annual planning processes to produce effective strategies and campaigns to achieve income targets across a range of revenue streams
- Significant experience of producing and managing cost-effective budgets
- Experience of driving change and translating strategy into practice
- Understanding of tax and legal issues affecting fundraising and of the current fundraising environment and its implications
- Experience of working for a charity or a health-related organisation
We are seeking a self-motivated individual with excellent people management and interpersonal skills. You will have a proactive, committed, and creative approach with a passion for fundraising and a genuine care for improving patient outcomes. This role would suit senior fundraisers who have experience of both managing high performing teams and developing their own philanthropic relationships. Experience of healthcare is desirable rather than essential.
Download the Job Description and Person Specification.
If you have the qualities we are looking for and would like to play a central role for Kidney Care UK, we would love to hear from you. Please email your CV and covering letter to Laurie Cuthbert, Director of Fundraising, Marketing & Communications at [email protected].
Applications will be considered on receipt, and we may close the application window earlier at our discretion.