Our 2017 impact report
Each year we release our impact report that outlines the positive changes we made to the lives of people affected by kidney disease all over the UK.
In 2017 we;
- invested over £2.1million to support kidney patients and their families,
- offered emotional support to around 3,000 patients with support, counselling and advice,
- supported more than 100 patients every week,
- gave 7,000 people support through our online community,
- supported 1,067 children and young adults
- issued over 1,300 individual patient grants giving a total of over £800,000.
Our impact report also has stories from real kidney patients telling their stories, our campaigning work and how you can get involved and help support our work.
If you'd like a hard copy of our impact report please contact us
Capri Dore, the young woman who features on the front of our latest impact report (right), tragically passed away in August 2018. Our thoughts are with her family and friends as they come to terms with her loss. Having spoken to her family, they are happy for her image to remain on the report as a legacy to all she achieved in her short life. She will be greatly missed by all of the friends she made whilst on our Young Adult residential trips and by all of us here at Kidney Care UK.