Who are the British Dietetic Association Renal Nutrition Specialist Group?
The Renal Nutrition Specialist Group (RNSG) is the leading source of expertise for renal nutrition in the UK. Its membership is made up of over 360 UK-based dietitians who have an interest in the specialist field of renal medicine and nutrition, through clinical practice or research.
The RNSG works to promote the role of the renal dietitian within a multidisciplinary team, to kidney patients and to other healthcare professionals, and are committed to delivering accurate, comprehensive information to facilitate standardised practice and demonstrate clinical effectiveness.
The BDA RNSG is dynamic; throughout the year it delivers expert advice and encourages sharing of practice to meet the needs of the diverse roles of the renal dietitian. Its members share online discussions, evidence based resources, audit databases, research, attend business meetings and professional development days and courses.
The aims of the BDA Renal Nutrition group for 2018-2020 are:
- To support and develop UK high quality evidence based dietetic practice within renal nutrition.
- To provide up to date evidence based information on dietary treatment of renal conditions to dietitians and other health professionals.
- To encourage and enable continued educational development within our membership.
- To promote the benefits of the dietitian's role working in renal nutrition.
- To provide clear and easy to understand evidence based information to dietitians, patients, other health care providers and the media/public.