We get lots of questions from patients and their family and friends on the topic of how to eat and drink to stay as healthy as possible with chronic kidney disease (CKD). The Kidney Kitchen was created because we wanted to offer kidney patients a single online destination to find delicious, kidney-friendly recipes, that will fit into eating plans given to you by your renal dietitian - the trick is to understand a few very simple rules. We hope to show you that, even with CKD, food can still be fun and hugely enjoyable.
Kidney Kitchen Recipes
We've developed a series of short videos showing you, in easy steps, how to prepare and cook delicious, kidney-friendly meals. These videos are presented by Chef Paul Ripley (right), a renowned chef with over 35 years of experience. As well as Chef Ripley, each of our Kidney Kitchen recipes have been developed with the support of the British Dietetic Association (BDA) Renal Nutrition Specialist Group. Each recipe comes with a comprehensive set of Food Facts – how this recipe fits into your kidney diet; vegetarian, healthier or cheaper options and how to store it so that you can safely eat any left-overs on a day when you don’t feel up to cooking.
- Have a look at our full list of recipes.
- If you have any feedback about any aspect of Kidney Kitchen please contact us.
- You can find out more about the team behind the Kidney Kitchen on our meet the team page, including renown Chef Paul Ripley.
- If you'd like to know more about managing your diet, fluid balance, and exercise when you have kidney disease see our Lifestyle section.
- You can see the full list of our video recipes on our YouTube page.
- Read more about the place that food and drink has in your life when you have chronic kidney disease.
- Explore some basic cooking skills with our useful Kidney Kitchen Skills video guides.